Saturday, May 9, 2009

30-Day Persistence Challenge: Persevering with this blog, even

Have you noticed more blog posts from me this week? That's because I'm crazy--I signed on to do a blogathon. That means 31 posts in 31 days. You know, because I'm not busy enough.

Still, it will be fun! Lots of small snippets, lots of guest posts. I hope you enjoy it.

As blogathon organizer Michelle Rafter wrote on her site WordCount:

For the next 31 days, a merry band of freelance writer are teaming up to take part in the second annual WordCount blogathon. We’ll be testing the limits of our blogging endurance to find out if we can successfully post every day in May.

How hard can it be, right? Well, pretty darn hard. Those of us who make our living writing have those pesky paid assignments to attend to in addition to hanging out on our much more fun blogs. And while some days ideas for blog posts are as bountiful as cherry blossoms in spring, other days the idea well is as barren as those same cherry boughs in winter. Then there are the weekends, when nobody in their right mind wants to be at a keyboard.

But we’re determined to persevere. As professional blogger have noted, the more you post, the better you get at it – and if you’re doing it right – the more traffic you’ll attract to your blog.

So here’s to blogging, here’s to May and here’s to us.

Hey! There's that persistence again! And here are the brave souls who are taking the challenge with me:

Enjoy!

1 comment:

polkadotsuitcase said...

Hi, Heather!
Your "persistence" theme reminds me of a guy I've been reading a lot about lately. His name is Walt Disney. Maybe you've heard of him? I think he may be the poster child for having passion and persistence!
Great blog -- looking forward to reading more.
Kate